Autism is considered to be a group of behavioral, communicative and social disorders that affect verbal and non-verbal communication and social interaction with others, and there are several types of it. Let us know the symptoms of autism:
Autism (Autism) is a neurological disorder that affects the behavior of the individual and contact with others, begins in childhood and continues throughout life.
Autism affects an individual’s interaction with others, communication and learning method.
As autistic patients appear to have difficulty understanding other people’s feelings and what they think, which negatively affects their ability to express themselves with words, gestures, or facial expressions.
Types of autism
There are many types of autism, including:
- Asperger’s syndrome
People with Asperger’s syndrome have moderate symptoms.
Symptoms start early in life, and people suffer from:
- Problems with eye contact with others.
- Show little emotions.
- Lack of understanding of other people’s obvious social cues, including body language or expressions on people’s faces.
- Inability to interact socially with others.
- They have no language problems.
- Repetitive behaviors.
Asperger’s syndrome was discovered in the 1940s. Asperger’s disorder is less severe than other types of autism, lacks language delays and the child is normal in terms of intelligence.
Asperger’s disorder is diagnosed by several criteria, including:
- The presence of severe weakness in social interaction.
- Restrictive repetitive behaviors, patterns and activities.
- Autistic disorder
Classical autism, or autism, is a type of autism. The patient has the same symptoms as Asperger’s syndrome, but they are more severe.
Where the patient suffers from:Volume 0%
- Social challenges.
- Language delays.
- Communication challenges.
- Unusual behaviors and interests.
- And many suffer from intellectual disability .
Autism disorder appears in children older than 3 years.
- Childhood disorder (CDD – Childhood Disintegrative disorder)
Also known as Heller’s syndrome, it is a type of autism.
Children grow normally in terms of language, social and understanding skills for at least two years, then communication and social skills problems begin quickly for them, and this type is considered the most rare, affecting 1.7 out of every 100,000, and the most severe among the other types.
Usually it appears on children between 2 and 4 years and can be infected children fits epilepsy. A child loses at least two of the following acquired skills:
- Expressive language skills, which is spoken language (poor ability to speak and convey the idea to others).
- Language reception skills (poor ability to understand listening language).
- Social skills and adaptive behaviors.
- Bladder and bowel control .
- Playing skills with kids.
- Driving skills (Motor Skills).
The child must also be abnormal in at least two of the following:
- The ability to initiate and maintain a conversation with others.
- Restrictive and repetitive behavior.
- Weak nonverbal behaviors.
- Pervasive developmental disorder (PDD)
Pervasive developmental disorder or atypical autism, which is a type of autism, and sufferers have symptoms that are more severe than Asperger’s syndrome but less severe than classic autism.
Afflicted people only have social and communication problems. They include problems with using and understanding language, unusual play with toys and other things, unwillingness to accept changes, and repetitive body movements.
Parents notice symptoms in their children early, although the typical age is earlier than 3 years.
Autism spectrum disorder usually begins in early childhood, and children often develop symptoms during the first year of life.
There is no cure for autism, but early treatment helps improve a child’s life.